I hope this new year finds you well.
Many of us understand metaphysical or spiritual concepts intellectually, such as: living in the present moment, we are all one, you are not your ego, awakening from the dream, and so forth. So what do you do with this knowing or understanding?
It’s helpful to integrate and implement this awareness on a daily basis. This is where positive change occurs. Self-empowerment follows.
How do we do it? We PRACTICE with whatever circumstance presents itself in our daily lives. We will never lack opportunities!
1. Retrain your mind to attain inner peace. It is beneficial to have a thought system that works for you. Wake up every day with the intention to have inner peace. Take a few moments and make the decision to have a peaceful day. If you are used to joining with your Higher Self (God, Universal Mind, Holy Spirit, etc) do that too!
2. This does not mean that all daily events will go smoothly, all interactions will be harmonious, or that nothing will irritate you. Rather, focus on the idea that inner peace is a choice no matter WHAT appears to be happening around you. Nothing outside yourself can disturb your peace of mind unless you give it the power to do so. For example: Someone criticizes you at work in front of others. Their negative comments define THEM in that moment, not you. Try recognizing all the person has to offer in the moment is what they are feeling inside – negativity. It gets projected onto you. In every moment people are either expressing love or calling out for love.
3. Do we simply ignore someone if they say something hurtful? Sometimes we can brush it off, but not always. Regardless, your power is in your response. It never feels good to respond to attack with a counter attack. It may feel good for a minute or two, but that’s all. It comes back to you eventually and you feel bad.
4. When you are upset in that moment…pause…and remember your goal for the day — inner peace. Then as you remember to be peaceful, let that energy and awareness guide the words you speak. Whatever you say will be coming from a better place once you have grounded yourself and remembered your goal. You can respond with awareness and do not have to take the attack personally.
5. You now have the awareness that the person’s ego was in charge when they made the negative comment. That is not who they really are. You can join with them in your mind and think of them as spirit.